1. Vermicelli, of course (2 cups)
2. Any vegetables – I use beans, carrots, peas, corn (mixed vegetables), broccoli, tomatoes, Potatoes,
3. Onions, green chilli, coriander
4. ginger, garlic, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, coconut pieces medium-sized 4 pieces, poppy seeds 2 table spoons
5. dry mint (podina) powder (3 table spoons)
6. soy chunks (number depends on your taste – I use 15 to 20)
7. Masala leaves, few cashew and few almonds
- Saute masala leaves, cashew cut almonds in oil and add onions and green chilli (cut onions and chilli into thin long pieces). After the onions turned into little brown, add all the vegetables and add few spoons of oil and butter and let the vegetables cook for about 10 min. Add salt to taste.
- Add the soy chunks to boiling water and cook them for 5 to 10 minutes simultaneously and drain the water and add them to vegetables that are being cooked.
- Grind all spices (ginger, garlic, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, poppy seeds, coconut) into a paste and add to the vegetables when they are well cooked and let them cook for few more minutes and add the dry mint powder to the cooked vegetables.
- Boil some water separately and add the vermicelli to boiling water and let the vermicelli cook for 5 minutes. Drain the water.
- Add the vermicelli to the cooked vegetables and let the whole thing cook for another 5 to 10 minutes. Add a lillt butter after it is cooked.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Vermicelli biryani is ready.