I have been doing this for years with my own recipe or started with a recipe read somewhere with my own adaptations. This year I wanted to break that and started looking at recipes on the web. I checked few videos also and one of them is from wahrewah.com. Again I added little of my creativity to it.
1. 8 cups of grated carrot
2. 4 cups of milk
3. 2 cups of sugar
4. kova or chenna (paneer made from 4 cups of milk)
5. Almonds, cashew, pistachio
8. Few teaspoons of butter
1. Saute the grated carrot in a tablespoon of butter for 3 minutes in a wide opened non-stick pan.
2. Add milk to it and let the carrot cook in milk for about 30 minutes. Occasionally stir the mix. Cook until it becomes dry. A wide-opened pan speeds up the process
3. Add sugar to the mix and it becomes liquidy again and cook until it becomes dry again
4. Add either kova (the preparation is given below) or chenna to the mix and mix it well
5. Saute the nuts in a few tablespoons of butter and add them to the Halwa.
6. Add cardamom powder and saffron.
Voila Gajar ka Halwa is ready
1 small tin of condensed milk (14 oz)
1 packet of dry milk powder (3.2 oz)
The milk powder is little coarse and just grind it in the grinder for few seconds so that it becomes a fine powder.
Mix well both the condensed milk and milk powder in a microwavable container and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Mix it well again and cook it again for another 2 minutes.
And the kova is ready