Oopiri – an emotional roller coaster journey.
That is what #Oopiri is all about – an apt tag line – #celebrationOfLife – YOLO – You Only Live Once – Make it Count 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
“Life is not the amounts of breaths you take; It’s the moments that take your breath away” – Hitch
It is those moments you are by yourself physically and emotionally and analysing your life, experiencing your life, enriching your life and celebrating your life.
I have been reading rave reviews on Oopiri from film critics since its release. Most of the standard newspapers in India and some websites have given 4/5 rating. Overwhelmed with happiness.
- The Hindu: “Celebration of Life, indeed” by Sangeetha Devi ****
- Deccan Chronicle: “Beautiful, emotional journey” ****
- Times Of India: “Oopiri is a beautiful film”**** and average readers’ rating 4.3
- India Today: “Oopiri is a beautiful film – All the right buttons pressed in this film” 3.5
- iDreampost: “Oopiri is a beautiful film; If Karthi is the life of the film, then Nagarjuna is its soul” by Hemanth ****
- Two big thumbs up for Oopiri. It’s a film which you shouldn’t miss. Because, it’s the kind of film which makes you believe in the principle of YOLO – You Only Live Once. Make it count. Breathe and be thankful that you’ve the greatest gift that one could ask for – to be alive. Smile. Walk. Run. Fly. Live again.
- bollywoodhollywoodnet: “Karthi-and-Nagarjunas-epic-bromance-makes-this-comedy-drama-a-must-watch” ****
I can’t imagine how the whole team Oopiri celebrating the success, celebrating those Oopiri moments, celebrating the life …
It is their conviction that wins, their faith that wins, it is their passion that wins.
In a prelease oopiri team interview (the director, the producer and the main cast), the host has asked Nagarjuna how he could act sitting in a wheelchair and charm the audience after Soggadae Chinnin Nayana where he was bubbling with so much energy and he replied ‘wheelchair lo kurchini chimpaeddamani’ with a burst of laughs among the team. He DID it INDEED, one of his career’s best performances. Proud to be his admirer on any day, no ifs and buts. And of course as he coreectly points out in that interview, Oopiri will become a feather in his cap. He has so many of those …
There are few things touched my heart at Oopiri audio launch event and stayed there since then.
- Starting with the captain of the ship – the director, Vamshi Paidipally, told that he has reinvented himself with this movie and was almost in tears when he was acknowledging his love and gratitude to three persons – people behind his reinvention – Nagarjuna, Karthi and PVP garu
- Another noteworthy point mentioned by Vamshi – “most of the time people are in wheel chairs only” – literally not physically handicapped but practically and emotionally handicapped – not able to do the things/ or not do anything (lack of push to do) which they really want to do due to any reason not able to do; for all those #Oopiri gives inspiration to celebrate life.
- Prakash Raju garu – speaking from his heart and did not want to talk about the performances of the main cast rather he would prefer to talk about their characters in the real world – talking about Nagarjuna – he has pinpointed that the growth of a person is not measured in monetary terms but how much he helped others around him to grow in the process of his growing and in those terms “Nagarjuna is so rich, so wonderful and so loved”.
- Karthi in his speech mentioned that he was so excited to act with Nagarjuna and after working with him, his love for Nagarjuna had grown even more as it does not normally work that way as we had some expectations on certain persons and after meeting them or after being with them for certain period, we wouldn’t feel the same about that person any more. He is damn right about that. That was the fear I had for a very long time to meet Nagarjuna. But it turned out to be exactly the same way as Karthi felt for Nagarjuna. It really happened to us after meeting Nagarjuna last month when I was in India, and my love and admiration for him have been manifold million times. He has such a warm heart.
- Besides other things Nagarjuna has spoken at the audio launch, I got stuck with one thing very deeply – he strongly admitted that if we wish for anything intensely, it would materialize (“What do they say about the universe conspiring to make things happen when you really want something?” That’s what has happened #Oopiri #SpecialMomentsInLife #alwaysAlwaysHappens
- And Nagarjuna endearingly embraced Karthi as his younger brother. The off-screen bonding is very clearly seen on-screen
“The whole cast and crew earned respect” – very true as Vamshi Paidipally has responded on the success of this movie
Some compliments for the cast and crew from media
“People behind Commercial Masala films assume audience to be brain less idiots whereas people behind Oopiri respect audience’s intelligence” – Ram Gopala Varma
“ఈ సినిమాలోని గొప్పదనం ఏంటంటే…
మామూలుగా మనం ఏదైనా సినిమా చూస్తుంటే మనకి బాగున్న సీన్స్ దగ్గర ఫీల్ అవుతాం.
వాటి గురించి బయటకొచ్చి చెప్పుకుంటాం.
కానీ ఈ సినిమా అంతా కూడా గుండె బరువెక్కే ఒక మంచి ఫీల్ తో చూస్తాం.
అది మొదటి సీన్ నుండే డైరెక్టర్ ప్రిపేర్ చేస్తాడు.
సో ఈ సినిమా అంతా ఒక సింగిల్ సీన్ అనుకుంటే గనక ఆ సీన్ మహా అద్భుతం” – TNR from iDreampost.com
Even before the release of the movie, the whole team has been constantly reiterating the point that the movie itself has handpicked every artist and technician for which the audience finally convincingly agree – Karthi replacing Jr. NTR, Tamanna replacing Shruti Haasan.
In the success meet, few of the media people have pointed out that Karthi had more screen time than Nagarjuna or Karthi’s performance was awesome, then I loved the explanation from Vamshi Paidipally – The character which is very jubilant would reach the audience very quickly than the character which is very poised and subtle.
That actually explains why Bangaraju was felt and loved more than Ramu in Soggadae Chinni Nayana – Ramu’s character would be like slow poison as does Vikramadithya’s.
Few ramblings on Oopiri –oopiri moments in the movie
- I do not want to say much more about Nagarjuna, or about Karthi, or about Prakash Raj or Tamanna – They have all excelled in their roles; Nagarjuna and Karthi mesmerized the audience with their stellar performances.
- The whole movie is an emotional roller-coaster journey – peaks of happiness and sadness in the same screen – the man behind this – Vamshi Paidipally deserves and earns credit for making those emotions portrayed very well on the screen
- Cinematography by P S Vinod garu is brilliant. Eiffel Tower was shown so beautifully especially in the night-time when karthi slowly opened the retracted roof top of the car.
- There is no villian in oopiri – a very positive sign – spreading the positivity around
- Manishi vellina chotikalla manasu velladu – (heart doesn’t go to all the places the man goes) – #Oopiri – it is absolutely true as we go to so many places on obligation
- Background score by Gopi Sunder garu 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
- Lyrics by Sirivennela garu is very heart touching and thought provoking🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Neekaina adi telusuna
Naa mounam neeku telipenaNuvemichavo telusa vethike kala
Neevalle kadha kalisa nanne nenila
- Oka life song – Ye.. Em ledhani
Neekosam nuvve leva
Kalalenno neethodai vasthundaga
Ontariga life ani
Aasakkooda aasani kaligincheyi
- Some brilliant scenes –
- Nagarjuna’s disinterested look with the beard and without any emotions in the initial scene of the movie- the audience could feel what he is going through – the loneliness – and he could not even come out of that in spite of Karthi being besides him as he knows that moment is temporary
- Nagarjuna looking at a bird through the window which is flapping its wings – he sits steadily watching the bird and may be thinking his inability to move his hands/or legs or any part of his body for that matter. If I am not wrong, there are two times we were shown that bird. I have heard a better simile about the bird’s episodes from Vamshi recently in a TV interview – in the initial scene it was flapping its wings but not able to fly (as Vikramadhitya’s inability to move inspite of his active mind), and the bird was flying at Anushka’s episode – where Vikramadhitya’s heart becomes very light as he came to know that she has been so happy with her present life.
- when everyone is dancing at his birthday party, Nagarjuna seems happy but once he looks at the legs of people dancing in front of him.
- When Karthi puts his hand on Nagarjuna’s hand to express his happiness, gratitude when his sister’s marriage is fixed, Nagarjuna just looks at the hands
- The complete painting episode which comes at different parts of the movie starting from Nagarjuna buying a painting at the gallery and ends with karthi’s dialogue at the end – ‘dust paper lanti naa jeevithanni oka painting laga marchevu’ – is simply mind blowing – Vamshi garu 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
- “Someone is praying for the things you take for granted” – clearly expressed by Anushka as she was wondering how could she be so happy with her present life when she had so much hatred for Nagarjuna with whom she was in deep love earlier
- I have to see the movie again to refresh my heart and memories. I did see the movie again. I would have seen the movie even more times if it has been screened in Manhattan 🙂
“హేట్సాఫ్ టు నాగార్జున గారు. ఆయన ఈ సినిమా చేయనంటే ఊపిరి తీసి ఉండేవాడిని కాదని వంశీ పైడిపల్లి చెప్పాడు. నిజంగా నాగార్జున లేకపోతే ‘ఊపిరి’ లేదు. తెలుగు సినీ చరిత్రలో చిరకాలం నిలిచిపోయే ఎన్నో చిత్రాలని చేసిన నాగార్జున నిజంగా మన తెలుగు చిత్ర సీమకి దొరికిన వరం.” – Ganesh Ravuri
Hats off to Nagarjuna garu, Vamshi Paidipally told that he would not have taken Oopiri movie if Nagarjuna hadn’t had agreed to act in this movie. Truly there is no Oopiri without Nagarjuna. Nagarjuna is a boon to the telugu film industry as he has done movies that could stay eternal in the history of telugu movies – Ganesh Ravuri (translation for the above statement in telugu)
The bottom line is “Oopiri aadakunda chese cinemaluntayi.. oopiri aagipothe bagunnu anipinche cinemalostayi.. Oopiri undaga chudalsina cinemalu #Oopiri lantivi!” – Ganesh Ravuri
As Chaitanya has correctly pointed out in his tweet that the soul of Oopiri is just a simple emotion – #Caring which we forgot from time to time.
Oopiri stays as a classic movie as long as cinema lives👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
For the whole cast and crew 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻