Eighth day – Chakrapongali (sweet pongal) – ఎనిమదవ రోజు – అష్టమి – చక్కెర పొంగలి
1. Basmati rice – 1/4 cup
2. Moong dal – 1/4 cup
3. Brown sugar (bellam) – 1/2 cup
4. ghee or butter – 5 to 6 table spoons
5. cashew, almond, raisins, pistachio – few of each
7. little paccha karpuram (food camphor)
8. little cardamom powder
1. Pressure cook rice and dal. make brown sugar syrup – add some water to brown sugar and boil it for 5 minutes and add the cooked rice and dal to it. Stir it until the mix becomes thick by adding butter or ghee to it occasionally.
2. add all the nuts (make small pieces of nuts) to the mix and add saffron, cardamom powded and camphor to it.